Founding meeting of the independent confederation
Platform for European Fathers (PEF)
European Parliament / Altiero Spinelli building / Room: A7F387
Brussels, June 27th 2011
Twelve main objectives in the draft Founding Statement of the PEF
The PEF is an independent European and international Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that represents national father, fatherhood and equal parenting organisations and federations with the following main objectives:
- to be active in the advancement of fathers interests to the European Parliament and on the EU policy level
- to have the best interests and (human) rights of children towards both their parents and extended families at the heart of all activities
- to promote involved fatherhood and an equality-based work-life balance regarding parenthood for working fathers on the EU social policy level particularly in reference to paternity and paternal leave
- to seek and promote father inclusive policies in EU legislation and institutions and the harmonisation of European social policies and equal parenting legislation particularly referring to the implementation of a presumption of shared custody, care and residence
- to seek the implementation of all European Convention articles for Human Rights and the jurisprudence by the European Court for Human Rights in all European countries
- to seek the implementation of shared legal and physical custody and co-residence in EU legislation and social policies
- to seek full gender equality in society, specially for fathers and fatherhood in the parenting and caring for children at home, in childcare and in education
- to be inclusive to all organisations representing fathers with no gender discrimination
- to better the unequal legal position of unmarried fathers in relation to their children
- to further the interests of all fathers, with a particular emphasis on ‘low SES’ and immigrant fathers in EU legislation and social policies
- to further the advancement and protection of the relations of bi- and transnational children with their fathers
- to further research into and to promote measures to address the presently emerging “boys crisis” in education as potential future fathers
Initiated and organised by the Dutch Father Knowledge Centre
Made possible by
Congratulations and Thank You to Peter Tromp for this excellent initiative!
Twords a efective Equal Parenting Rights!
We support the initiative. We are with you alwaws and whenever you need us
Peter, a job well done !. Congratulations on getting things organised and giving men and fathers a voice in Europe
The word Family is not mentioned in this document, yet it is the Family that has rights that can be exercised. Why ask for rights that don’t exist and purposely ignore fundamental rights that are the strongest one could ever dream of. Neither parent in a Family has rights except those of being a Spouse and joint head of the Family founded on Marriage.
The law must and does acknowledge that the best interests of children born within such a family are to be brought up by the parents /heads of the Family working together for the benefit of the family as a unit.
Children born outside of the family will always be under the control of the State as there is NO INSTITUTION for them to belong to. The institution that we should all be working to protect and uphold is marriage.
God Bless, Roger Eldridge
Chairman, National Mens Council of Ireland
Executive Director, Family Rights and Responsibilities Institute of Ireland
National Office: Knockvicar, Boyle, Co. Roscommon
Website: http://www.family-men.com Email: email@example.com
Telephones: 00353 (0) 7196-67138 00353 (0) 83-3330256
NMCI – “Doing what men have always done … protecting their Families, Faith and Freedom from attack by the State”
Excellent work by all involved, well done.
Pingback: PLATFORM FOR EUROPEAN FATHERS CONCERNED ABOUT IDEOLOGICAL AND NON-SCIENTIFIC NATURE OF PORTUGUESE CONFERENCE ON ‘MYTH OF PARENTAL ALIENATION SYNDROME’ | Platform for European Fathers
Pingback: VeV in Brüssel – VeV Schweiz